Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
We can agree to disagree about 2006-08 not being recent. But as far as the Detroit being more active than Philly thing, I never said that. I asked you if you had anything to support it. You probably read my previous post before you replied to them, but I said I don't think there's much activity in Detroit or Philadelphia, the guys who are still around are and still earning, and that's about it, there's really no one lining up to join the mob anymore. Again, you can I'm ignorant or whatever, but everything I've read and learned so far from other forums and certain things posted by certain people, the number, right now is about 40-45 made guys on the street. I just disagree with there being 50 made members right now, but like I said, I could be wrong, it could be possible, it's only five more people.

I'm not sure what family you're referring to above but, if it's Philadelphia, nobody has said there are 40-45 made guys on the street. Anyone who has been familiar with official estimates in recent years knows the total membership of the Philadelphia family is approximately 50 members. That's a fact. Not opinion. You're entitled to your own opinions but not to your own facts. I gave you a link from 2004 that cited 50 members for Philadelphia in total. The link (which specified how many were active at the time - 2004) and others since then have been around half the family's total membership, give or take. As for how much activity there is, while it's nowhere near the activity of the NY families, comparatively speaking there is far more in Philadelphia than Detroit.

Quote:
I know what on the street means, but if there's 15-20 active guys on the street, and the other 25-30 made guys are shelved/retired, how are they not comparable to another family like Detroit, which may only have 15-20 active guys in total? Who out of those 15-20, there's still about 5-8 guys, who are mainly all we know about, who are allegedly out there earning to this day. And there's 15 or so guys in Philly who are earning, and laying low, they're not a bit comparable in activity?

Where did you get 15-20 active guys for Detroit? Those figures would probably be closer to Detroit's total membership - not active members on the street.

Quote:
I had asked what the plenty of indictments were that recently went on in Philly, and I don't think much was listed, in my opinion. Feel free to disagree. But a report of Joey Merlino allegedly operating in Philly, but no actual case, isn't an indictment, and former associates or guys with ties getting in their own cases, doesn't necessarily mean Philly LCN had any links to it. If made guys aren't indicted along with them, I just think it's hard to prove they were involved. And I had wanted you to post that OC report again, because I was looking at it the other day and just wanted to use it to refresh my memory. Thanks.

If you don't think there's much activity by way of indictments in Philadelphia, that's one thing, but the point was the comparison between Philadelphia and Detroit. However little you think there is in Philadelphia, there is obviously much less in Detroit. But, like I said, just looking back over the last 2 or 3 years doesn't really give enough of a sample size to measure activity by indictments. "Recent," in mob terms, really is more like the last 10 years.

Quote:
Come on man, that report is from 2004, 11 years down the line, with the lack of real new recruits, that 50 number can't decrease somewhat?

The family has about 20 members who have died since 2000 but, looking at the current chart - which is well researched - the family has been able to maintain it's membership levels. It's well known they have continued to make new members in recent years. I'm not convinced the Detroit family has been able to do the same. They have also had around 20 members/possible members die since 2000. But keep in mind that official estimates had the family around 30 members from the mid-1990's to the early 2000's. To even maintain 30 members over that time, Detroit would have had to make around 20 new guys in that time. And I have a hard time believing they had that many guys who were able to be made.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.