Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Originally Posted By: TommyGambino
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Originally Posted By: TommyGambino

You can't be serious? Philly LCN have had plenty of recent indictments, can't remember the last Detroit bust.

The Joe Ligambi & Borgesi trial, in which the majority got off after two mistrials. And Anthony Nicodemo's case, and I guess Nicky Jr's case, what "plenty of recent indictments" are you referring to?

An episode of "Mob Talk" by Anastasia during the trial listed Philly as having 15-20 made guys on the street. Not saying he can't be wrong, but I'm just saying. The number's could have increased by then, but no one really knows how much, and in this day and age...I don't see there being many recruits lining up to join the Mob, in Detroit or Philadelphia. But hey, what I do know.

I actually think Detroit are stronger then Philly, Philly have far more indictments because they operate in a smaller space and are far more visable, just my opinion. Both families are basically gambling operations and obviously loans, small drug trafficking.

I'm referring to Lucibello, Canalachio, Staino, Ligambi, Esposito, Borgesi, Angelina, Nicodemo, Fazzini, Scoops and several associates probably missed more guys getting getting indicted.

As far as new recruits in Philly, I don't know all that much but I do know since Ligambi took over they've made a lot of new guys, at least a dozen. As for Detroit, I haven't got a clue as far as new made members.

All the guys you mentioned were involved in the two Ligambi trials I referred to. They all weren't separate indictments, they were all involved in the same two cases. Nicodemo's case is the only one separate from that, to the best of my knowledge. So again, what plenty of indictments? I can't think of any.

The 15-20 made guys estimation from Anastasia came during a time when Ligambi was boss, like long into his act as boss, shortly before he supposedly stepped down.

Just look at Ivy's post above! 15-20 guys Anastasia meant active members.