Almost finished For the Sins of My Father by Albert De Meo.

I haven't really enjoyed this as much as I thought I would. It is a bit of a slog to get through. There is nothing earth shattering here. A lot of tedium. It's only 270 odd pages long too, so there is no reason why the subject matter should be inducing boredom.

Some of what he says doesn't really ring true for me either, like when he tries to portray himself as some kind of victim and portrays the feds in an unflattering light. And I'm kind of suspicious of the story about Senter & Testa running him off the road and pistol whipping him too. It's very convenient that it was his best friend - who just happened to be driving by - who was the one who found him.

And the anecdote about him intimidating Senter in a restaurant? Please. As if Senter would be f***ing scared of De Meo. His father was a feared guy but I don't think his son was cut out for this.

Some of the stories I just mentioned sounded like padding out the book and adding excitement where there is none.

If I had to rate it, I would probably give it 2.5/5

Hackneyed and poorly written. Hopefully Gangbusters & King of the Godfathers will be better.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.