Compare the guys who wanted Castellano to remain boss and the guys who wanted Dellacroce to succeed him.

Gravano & Ruggiero.... some of the most backdoor, backstabbing motherfuckers you could meet. Psychopaths like Carneglia.... And Gotti himself.... who only wanted Castellano whacked because, unlike Dellacroce, Castellano could lead with his head and not his heart, and could see that Gotti was a liability waiting to happen.

De Cicco? Who knows what his end game was. I think he could have went either way on it.

Then there are guys like Marino, Corrao, Failla, Gaggi.... these guys were a lot more stable and a lot less reckless than the guys Gotti ran with.

Who knows if Castellano would really have ratted? There is no basis for thinking he would have. Maybe he would have took a life sentence like all the other old timers. This image of him that has been portrayed has been cultivated by all these guys who had it out for him. It's self-serving. Castellano had been to jail before and had paid his dues on the street.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.