Originally Posted By: DonMega1888
Originally Posted By: Irishman12
It was GREAT to see Sting in a WWE ring but I gotta say, it wasn't as awesome as I was hoping for. I'm not sure if it was the crowd reaction or the fact that I knew he was making his appearance beforehand. I did enjoy it, don't get me wrong, but I was just a little let down with the reaction I guess.

Lol was thinking the same , wasn't much of a POP to Jerichos debut in 99' or HBKs return in 2002

I agree that the pop wasn't AS good, but everyone had been hearing rumors of, and eventually waiting for Sting to come to the WWE for at least a year. The fact that it got to the point that everyone knew he was coming, and were just waiting killed some of the buzz. Also, with the fact that the Network was free in November, most people figured that they would do something BIG to attract more people to buy into it, and what better way to do that than have Sting come in and fight for the WWE and against the authority (reminiscent of him fighting for the WCW against NWO)? It was predictable in a sense, and it was reported days beforehand that he was scheduled to be at Survivor Series on the internet, so that DEFINITELY ruined the surprise. But even with all of that, me and my buddies were screaming and high fiving for what felt like hours after that Scorpion Deathdrop. Amazing.

George Washington was in a cult, and the cult was into aliens, man.

-Slater "Dazed and Confused"