Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: Malandrino
Chris Rosenberg was whacked in 1979 or 1980 I believe... you honestly mean to tell me that they wouldn't have given him up to the quickly-growing Cuban/Colombian force just because he'd originally be Sicilian... in 1980?

Of course they would have. He was unpredictable and expendable. And if anyone wants further proof that Paul would give up one of his own, then you don't have to look any further than Frank Piccolo. Paul handed him up to the Westside guys on a silver platter not long after the Rosenberg incident. Same time frame. And the Piccolo murder was the straw that broke the camel's back for a lot of the Gambino guys. But that's another story all together.

Yeah but you know what I am about to say right? In that example, Paul giving Piccolo up was one Italian turning over an Italian to another group of Italians. lol

And everyone can laugh at what I am about to say, but I really think Henry Hill's Sicilian heritage from his mother helped him with Paul Vario. Paul Vario was Sicilian.

edit: Who knows. Maybe the mafia lusted after you if you were Sicilian because certain members knew that you could potentially help produce and move "H" from the old country into the USA. Big Money $$$

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."