Originally Posted By: rockstar_man45
The south is mostly Protestant is it not Dixie?

Yes, mainly Baptist. But we have our fair share of Catholics believe it or not. Actually I live just a few miles from a Catholic Church here in town.

Actually the further South you go in Alabama the more Catholics you run into. Mobile is probably one of the biggest cities in the South with a huge Catholic population probably outside of New Orleans.

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
That actually is true dixie, Italians were often discriminated in the south. Look it up, the biggest mass-lynching in the United States happened to Italians, not blacks as you would think.

I would have to see something different then. Even to my ancestors (who were plenty racist) they considered Italians to be "white people" and not of any other color. It might have been different in other states but here in Alabama the KKK was not burning crosses in yards of Italians unless they married a black woman/man. Otherwise they were "one of us".

Even in the middle of the Civil Rights era my Sicilian Aunt was never bothered and she lived in one of the biggest racist cities known in man in Montgomery.

Last edited by dixiemafia; 12/17/14 04:49 PM.