Originally Posted By: blacksheep
I don't feel pity for the terrorists, but what troubles me about torture is that so far, everything that has been claimed will only be used to fight terror winds up right here being used on us. Think of domestic spying and the Patriot act in general. First it was for foreign terrorists, then for gangs and drug dealers, then for anyone causing a disturbance at the airport, and now they're roaming the streets with that sting ray shit picking up any random phone calls. So I can't really say I trust that they won't bring torture here some day. They would be following their usual pattern if they did. Since when did cops have tanks and military weapons? Now they do. Something ain't right..

Let me ask you this: If your child was kidnapped by two people, and one of them gets away with your kid, and the other gets caught by the cops. And the guy who gets caught has knowledge of where his partner took your kid. Would you really give a fuck if they chopped his fingers off one at a time to get your kid back?

If you can honestly say that you'd stop them from doing that because it offends your sensibilities, then I'll respect that. I won't believe you, but I'll respect it. And I don't even like most cops. But worrying about a slippery slope where a bunch of ragheads are concerned just isn't that high on my to do list.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.