Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
It's good to see that most here (some I would least suspect) see the light. It's just too bad we have liberal politicians like Feinstein and others trying to make political hay by releasing this clearly partisan and one-sided report. But it's typical liberal thinking that's entirely based on moral relativism and leads to calling the good guys "bad" and the bad guys "good."

Anyway, in answer to the original post, no it's not torture. And hell yes it's justified. They were saying on the radio yesterday how some military personnel undergo waterboarding as part of their training. And the CIA only used it on a limited basis with a handful of top Al-Qaeda figures who it was believed had knowledge about attacks still in the works. That this is even a discussion it's no wonder Muslim extremists think the West is soft.

The statement released by Feinstein made me want to vomit. And of course the goddamn Huffington Post (which I was just reading) posts it on their website then has a list of reactions below from prominent politicians. Out of the 16 presented, 14 were your run of the mill liberal lefty Democrats and only 2 were Republicans. And as usual the Dems were in complete and utter horror and while McConnell and Rubio called out the report as biased and a slap in the face to our veterans who fought in the Middle East.

I'm not saying I always align with the GOP, but some of these Senators have to be either ignorant or just plain stupid. Civil Rights and good conduct mean nothing to these people, the people we detain would cut off their heads and kill their families if they could. The CIA isn't the Salvation Army by any means, but in this case I have no problem with what they did. When it comes to the security of this nation, take no chances and these assholes in Washington are taking a big roll of the dice by releasing this report. I hope the people at our embassies stay safe.