Originally Posted By: olivant
How many of you are old enough to remember your Dad taking home movies at Christmas with film, not video? Remember the array of glaring lights that were necessary for indoor shots?

Oh yes! My parents had so many 8mm/super8 of our family. They put it all on VHS in the 80s and we recently have them all on DVD now. Many Christmas, vacation, wedding, holidays. What great memories. smile

Way back in the mid 60s, a great Uncle from Detroit came to visit. He told my mom/dad that he had an old 8mm movie with a short clip from my mom/dad's engagement party which was in 1940. He spliced (?) the portion and gave it to my parents. It's now on DVD with my families movies. Not very good quality, kind of scratchy/jumpy frown BUT I see my grandfathers (whom I never knew)grandmothers, aunts, uncles, and my parents at 16 & 19. If only they had talkies back then.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 12/10/14 12:21 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon