Originally Posted By: Alfanosgirl
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Oli,

We get so many reports of tremors throughout the state. It's not unusual to not be aware of them. I've felt a couple that were very scary. I guess I've gotten use to the small quakes ohwell

A-Girl

What city are you in? We must be practically neighbors. I'm just past the Green River exit, if you are familiar with it.

As far as the cannoli goes, I make my own filling. I prefer the ricotta filling to the cream filling. My sister makes her own shells but I never have. Claro's is the closet (only) Italian deli I knew of that had the shells.

TIS

They have a place in Orange too but it is only a sandwich shop not the market and they are closed Sat & Sun. You should definitely go to the Cortina's in Anaheim. You will not be disappointed.
I'm not a big cannoli fan so I never make or buy them. Cortina's does sell the ricotta filling.
I do make struffoli, pizzelle, zeppole and gazadeel (casatella). The Alfanos owned pastry shops so I have some of the family recipes which are about 150 years old.

We are PRACTICALLY neighbors. My sis lives over your way so I take the Green River exit all the time. The best time to drive towards Corona is from 10am to 2pm or forget about it, it turns into a parking lot. Sometimes, I drive in the opposite direction get off the 91 west to get on at Tustin going east on the 91 so I can use the fast trac to get off at Green River lol It's crazy. I am off Weir Canyon in Yorba Linda.

Ha ha!! Neighbors? Who knew? smile

I live off of Green River, but I am closer to the Serfas Club exit (Auto Center). I know what you mean about traffic. panic I seldom take 91W except when I do go to Claros or have out of town company and go to L.A. Hollywood/touristy things, and then it's usually with my daughter driving. Plus, I guess the older I get, the less I like to drive freeways, let alone busier than sh*t freeways. panic

Sounds like you are quite the cook/baker. My talent is somewhat limited tho I do have a few of my mom's recipes which were handed down. Plus GREAT memories of my grandmother's cooking.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon