Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Oli,

We get so many reports of tremors throughout the state. It's not unusual to not be aware of them. I've felt a couple that were very scary. I guess I've gotten use to the small quakes ohwell

A-Girl

What city are you in? We must be practically neighbors. I'm just past the Green River exit, if you are familiar with it.

As far as the cannoli goes, I make my own filling. I prefer the ricotta filling to the cream filling. My sister makes her own shells but I never have. Claro's is the closet (only) Italian deli I knew of that had the shells.

TIS

They have a place in Orange too but it is only a sandwich shop not the market and they are closed Sat & Sun. You should definitely go to the Cortina's in Anaheim. You will not be disappointed.
I'm not a big cannoli fan so I never make or buy them. Cortina's does sell the ricotta filling.
I do make struffoli, pizzelle, zeppole and gazadeel (casatella). The Alfanos owned pastry shops so I have some of the family recipes which are about 150 years old.

We are PRACTICALLY neighbors. My sis lives over your way so I take the Green River exit all the time. The best time to drive towards Corona is from 10am to 2pm or forget about it, it turns into a parking lot. Sometimes, I drive in the opposite direction get off the 91 west to get on at Tustin going east on the 91 so I can use the fast trac to get off at Green River lol It's crazy. I am off Weir Canyon in Yorba Linda.