Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: BlackFamily
As far Cook comments, it represents Cook opinions. You do notice that I don't applaud nor support his words is because it's his/her view. Not mine. Plus me & Cook is on/off like Pizzaboy on certain topics.

That's fair, BF. And you're a bright and level headed guy, so I'm going to clarify something about myself once and for all.

I'm Italian American, 55 years old. I grew up with a million wiseguys in the Fordham/Belmont section of the Bronx when they were still strong around there. And I'm ALWAYS warning these kids here that the real mob is not a movie or a television show.

And it also drives me nuts when kids whose families have been here for five generations try to come off like Vinny Barbarino. And I ALWAYS give them shit for lowering themselves down to the stereotype. Go through my posts and see if I'm lying.

So here's my position: If I'm willing to knock MY OWN PEOPLE for lowering themselves down to a stereotype, why should I be afraid to mention it when Blacks or Puerto Ricans do the same thing? Because in my mind, I'm just being consistent.

Not that pizzaboy needs any back up because he clearly does not but I will vouch for his statement detailed above.

PB has always been justifiably critical but fair when addressing the negative stereotypes of Italian-Americans and those who choose to imitate or laud the unflattering "caricature".

I've seen many back and forth posts to confirm pizzaboy's mission on this BB. Numerous "fan boys" have came and went after they realize that a genuine neighborhood guy will take them to task and offer them a non distorted and factual account of how people, places and things truly are in that world.

That's why PB is regarded as a sincerely authentic stand up guy and I'm proud to call him my friend.

Salute'!