After reading about that article on that wannabe gangster and his garage I thought about this story.

I was backing up my vehicle and my rear bumper happened to hit the front bumper of this huge Dodge truck that was backed in a parking spot. So being the Angelina I am whistle I left a note with my name and number on the truck's windshield.

I got a call later on that day saying that the owner was going to get an estimate for the damage. I said ok that's fine.

Being that I worked in the auto industry at the time, my father's a mechanic, his father's a mechanic, his father's father was a mechanic smile , I knew that you had to REPLACE the whole bumper if it was misaligned you could not Repair it on that type of make and model.

So the owner sends me a fax of the estimate. I notice that it is to repair the bumper. Now you may say to yourself so why didn't you tell him what you know...The guy was a total asshole talking down to me and telling me he is only taking it to a certain place that he trusts and does business with. So I say ok I will bring a check for the amount.

I drop off the check, it gets cashed and then later on that week I get a call. He tells me that the bumper needs to be replaced. So I told him well I already paid you for what we agreed upon. You gave me the estimate from this place that you do business with and I paid it. We are done here.

He got really shitty over the phone. You need to pay me for the job this money isn't enough to cover it. I said Look I already paid so stop bothering me. Well, this jerk off did not stop bothering me.

I told him my deductible is only 250 so I really don't give a rat's ass if you call the insurance. That's what he had to do. Now here's the good part.
I get a call from my insurance company. I tell them what happened. They find it VERY INTERESTING that he does business with that particular body shop. They investigated the shop and turns out they were scamming customers and insurance companies. The owner of the truck turns out he was in the insurance business. He lost his job and the body shop closed. All because they messed with the WRONG person, little ole ME.
wink