Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: dsbaloo
place is already a circus... adam sandler had a reservation the other night...

His parents used to live nearby in the winter. He's a regular guy. Takes care of his friends. He's had the same regular co-stars for the past twenty years, and in Hollyweird that just doesn't happen. You have to respect that.

Originally Posted By: marine
oh yea i agree there big time.. The food network channel been all over the tri state area.. every other show their in NY, they have so many small restaurants an bakery it aint funny... But the Crab trap in somers point Nj is dam good.. Believe I mentioned that before and someone else really liked it also.. Not to disrespect southern cooking or Memphis area bbq.. But yea joe aint gonna have that kind of cooking... Unless he shells out $50,000+ for a good chef.. And maybe that friend of his chef angelo lutz comes to bocca to work for joe.. He will find a chef somewhere but he wont b able to strong arm him I believe

The food in South Florida has been a running joke for the past hundred years. But they've caught up quite a bit in the 21st century. Miami is officially a foodie destination now, with celebrity chefs all over Miami-Dade County. The Food Network partners with Food and Wine Magazine down there every February for the largest food show/fair in the world. It lasts a full week.

Boca's fifty miles north in Southern Palm Beach County, and there are quite a few high end restaurants in that town as well. If he's going to make it the food has to be good and the staff has to be courteous. There are some very moneyed people in that area and they're some of the most demanding restaurant patrons you'll ever encounter in your life. They might go there once to see a real live gangster. But they're not going to become regulars if the food and service aren't up to par.

Everyone with a few bucks opens busy in that town, and they always open just in time for the season. You'll know more come summer. If he can break even from May to September when Boca's a ghost town, he'll be fine. If not, he'll have an uphill climb. Time will tell.

or if he doesn't make anybody in the kitchen while snorting meth