Believe it or not even I was a union member back in my early 20's but as a chemical workers union member. My Pops got me a job as a summer hire. Everybody was always griping about something. These workers were paid very well working on the assembly line getting paid like $17/hr back in 1990. That was the LOWEST pay grade. As summer hires (there were about 25 of us total) we were told by the regular employees that we BETTER SLOW DOWN our work or ELSE...
We would do twice the amount of work in half the time as the regular employees down in the warehouse loading pallets. But that all came to a halt very quickly.

When administration was picking numbers to names to determine our seniority for that year I got picked as number 8 which was great cuz that meant that I had a pretty good chance of getting the shift and job I wanted. The union president's son got picked as 17 which was not good. The next day we all got called in to redraw because there was a problem. I got the SAME number 8 and guess who got number 7? Yup you guessed it the union presidents son.