Originally Posted By: mulberry
Why do you think they were the worst? Give some examples of what they did or did not do to deserve the title

Now im not trying to offend anyone with my different opinion but this the way i see things...

I didnt say that they didnt deserve the title,i said that they were the "left overs" in the Outfit and were also worst of the worst.Ill juts compare them with the previous administrations...

They killed their own quite often and that was bad for business and good for bringin the heat.I dont belive in "consolidating the Outfit's power" in such ways.They have done that out of greed.Joey O and Cerone didnt make the Vegas connections,they inherited em.Yes the mafia is a greedy machine but even the greatest bosses belived in peaceful ways of doing business.Just look at the body counts during the 50's and compare it with the late 60's and 70's.

Also during their reign as bosses the FBI launched the Top Echelon Informant Program.They had many hidden informants from every rank within the Outfit and stayed like that for a long time.Ask your self whys that?Its because the members lived in fear and thats why they didnt have much respect.It was pure chaos

Also as some posters said and there are also reports that they werent considered as a very smart persons by some of their members and also investigators. Big shots like Joe B,Gus Alex or Joe Gags(Cerone's number 2 guy who died early) were the real masterminds.

Cerone was a John Gotti type of a guy who wanted to talk a lot and brag about anything,which made the feds to take info on anything they wanted.He dropped a lot of names and situations.He didn’t had the skills to be a boss because he was an enforcer and a "lackey"(his nickname given not by the press but by his fellow mobters).A sharp dresser with the thirst for blood.During the early 70's most of Cerone's crew members were placed in jail or in their graves.Hes only supporter was Joe B.Cerone being Joe B's lackey was what made him a powerhouse.Not his earning ablilites.I mean he started his career as a dealer at the old Rock Garden in Cicero...

Also for a traditional Italian big time mobster,Cerone didnt had much respect for his family either.I think that he killed his own nephew and i also think that he had a son who was an alcoholic.He even acted violent with his mistresses.There are also reports that Roemer visited Jackie Cerone in prison.Im not gonna say that he used to rat but you can never tell...

I belive that Joey O's and Cerone's reign as bosses was the "end of an era of a strong(smart) man rule" in the Outfit.

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good