Originally Posted By: XDCX
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
It's really inconceivable that he could be writing this much at his age. Hell, at any age. His wife and son are both novelists. I wonder if "Stephen King" has become a family effort. I doubt it, I'm just throwing it out there.

It's certainly possible, but I doubt it. The big difference between Stephen King and...say, James Patterson, is that King is (for the most part) consistently good, and often great. Patterson (who does "collaborate" with other writers) hasn't put out anything decent in years.

James Patterson is the biggest joke in the literary community. By leaps and bounds. He'll put his name on anything for a buck. I can't stand him.

I'm just glad that Elmore Leonard, my favorite novelist of all time, took a few swipes at him before he passed away last year. But he was clever about it. In an interview he said something like, "I could be like that guy that will co-author anything for a ham sandwich. What's his name?"

This isn't completely off topic, either. Because Stephen King absolutely revered Elmore Leonard.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.