Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
He should head out west. That's the only area of the country where money allows you to reinvent yourself.

Rattlesnake ranch in Arizona.

Selling second hand furniture by the highway..

*cheesey grin*

lol lol

All kidding aside, though. Arizona, Nevada, California (as long as it's not the L.A. metro area)---these are areas that allow such a change.

There are retired mob guys in Palm Springs who live like retired corporate big shots. Their past never comes up because they're honestly out of the life. Christ, do you have any idea how many of the old Outfit guys blended into the golf community in Palm Springs over the years?

I don't follow Chicago, but the Westside guys always had a good working relationship with them so I know a little bit about the Palm Springs area. And for the record, that working relationship was a long time ago. But you get what I'm saying.

It's all moot, though. Merlino doesn't strike me as the type who will ever change. Nicky Scarfo Jr. was doomed to his father's fate. I just don't see how Merlino doesn't suffer the fate of his own father (and I only make that analogy because the myth/legend of Joey Merlino seems to have started when he shot that kid).

No arguing or pissing contest here at all. We have to get past that or this is another thread that will get locked. But my personal opinion is that the Feds are not done with Joey Merlino yet, and that they'll eventually put him away for a very long time. But time---and time alone---will tell.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.