http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/after-m...KnV?ocid=SMSDHP

I'm sorry but I cannot agree to this drastic move made by this Maryland school district. I will list my reasons

1) It's completely unfounded and only on the basis of the ever present 'political correctness' machine

2) People are too sensitive. Why do Yom Kippur and Christmas have to marginalize someone because not every one celebrates it?

3) My biggest concern of all is the way we constantly cave into minorities who claim they aren't getting a fair shake. Europe's worse, but even so, we must remember our roots. This country, while having no official national religion was built on principles of the Enlightenment and the Judeo-Christian ethic. Muslims never had nor will they ever be a part of that ethic. They are welcome to immigrate and create their fortunes just like the rest of us and become Americans. However, we have our traditions and we have our culture. The majority of people in this country are either Christian or some form of it and the vast majority celebrate the holiday in either a religious or commercialized way.

The kids getting time off are not on 'winter break'. It's Christmas break whether anyone wants to admit it or not. Muslims, who make not even a fraction of the American population do not deserve the privilege of time off for their holidays because Islam is not widespread here nor is it ingrained like Christianity has. Who the hell knows about any Muslim holiday?

I'm not particularly religious, but I know bullshit when I see it. And this is utter nonsense in the name of placating a minority all because of the names 'Passover' 'Christmas' and 'Easter. Diversity my ass.

You're thoughts?