Originally Posted By: NickyWhip
The Chin's panel (Manna) wanted Gotti gone. Gotti installed Stanfa. The Chin is gonna support the opposite. Stanfa was a Gambino puppet.

Genovese has zero choice but to support the opposite.

Of course. There was a lot of bad blood there at the time. But it would have fit well into their thinking anyway. Because like I said, the Genovese family (post Vito Genovese) doesn't favor Sicilian born members. And Gigante in particular was partial to American born Italians.

And like I also said, sure, there are some Sicilian born members, but they're few and far between. I don't even have to go into specifics. All you have to do is look at the membership charts for the past forty or so years.

And today? If anyone thinks that guys like QD, or Barney, or Ernie, or any of the other heavies in that family, would have anything to do with Joey Merlino and his love of the media, then there's a bridge I want to sell you. Because they hated Gotti for his love of the camera as much as for popping Big Paul wink.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.