Phil Narducci was writing letters to Andrew Micali during the whole Borgata gambling ring deal (so was Joey Merlino incidentally). The same gambling ring that both his nephews were convicted for taking part in (Baldino brothers). I think smart money is on Phil Narducci being involved. Guy was born and raised into the life I just can't see him all of a sudden coming out after everything he did and getting a job on the register down at the South Philly Pathmark. That's just my opinion though. I really can't speak to the rest of those guys but I do know Joey Pungitore owns a lot of real estate around South philly and incidentally a lot of it is jointly owned with a Scarfo bookmaker named Salvatore Puleio. So read into that any way you want, but the connection is there.

Regarding Chickie Chang and who he sided with. I did hear that he was advising the Merlino guys from Prison and Stanfa even was quoted as acknowledging that Chang Sr. was backing/advising Merlino and crew from jail. However, I have also read the opposite. Natalie's testimony indicated that Michael was "at odds with his brother Joey and his father" as you can read in this article. I tend to believe that he sided with Michael, but if anyone knows for sure then I'd be interested in hearing.

http://articles.philly.com/2001-04-03/ne...stanfa-mob-boss