Originally Posted By: carmela
Originally Posted By: thebarber

this topic recently came up in a mr mafioso in ask men. He said mob guys do try to marry wome who have good values cause they will b the mother of there children. Also since most of these guys are extremely masculine they want a housewife type of women who will have there dinner ready at night.

Again, wanting a wife that takes care of the home and kids and doesn't work outside the home, is more of a cultural thing as far as men in Italy are concerned, as opposed to a mafioso thing. Although, things are changing there, too. Women are getting degrees and working more and more. I don't know much about American mafia in the US, but in Italy, they are more loyal to their women. You don't see the infidelity much, or the whole going out on a friday night with the girlfriend thing. For one thing, there's not the social club type places like here and men (mafioso and other) do not hang out in bars just to sit and talk and drink. They work and they go home. They dont hang out in strip clubs. Like I mentioned, I go almost every year to Sicily and I've yet to even see a strip club. Whether mafiosu or not, the mentality of men vary greatly between Italy and the US.

There are strip clubs in Sicily, and South Italy; but you'll find them in larger cities, not small towns or villages. Most people are not going to marry a stripper, or whore as prostitution is legal in Italy and the majority of strippers both in other countries, and the United States do sex for pay on the side, and many are trafficked into being prostitutes.