The steroid issue is much tougher to deal with imo. While i personally think that until evidence can be shown that Rose threw games, he should be allowed; with Steroids it's not exactly clear who did and didn't take them and what effect they took from them. I mean what if Clemens, Sosa, Mcgwire, Bonds, etc are banned and a few elite players like Griffey Jr, Maddux, R.Johnson, etc make it simply because they were never caught? Just to clarify i'm not accusing any of those guys, it's just difficult to be sure with how messed up that era was.

Also with Bonds in particular it's even more difficult because he was on his way to a HOF career before he started juicing. From all accounts i've read Bonds started around 98, without the roids he obviously wouldn't have set the single season or all time HR records, or have beat Babe Ruths single season Slugging % record. Still he was hitting 30 HR's and Stealing 30 Bases every year before he started using Steroids.

This is just my opinion and i know most will disagree with it, but i think these guys should be personally punished; as in charges brought against them if warrented and a lifetime ban from Baseball, but a Hall of Fame without Rose, Bonds and Clemens just seems weird. Mcgwire can stay out he pretty much admitted to taking them his full career and Power Hitting seemed to be pretty much all he done.