Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: SonnyL
I'm not here to argue I just want to point out that when Merlino hit scarfo he wasn't made yet, he was not made while his dad was underboss he got made by Stanfa in 93 I think.

I understand that. But it only bolsters my argument. Because if Chuckie Merlino wasn't his father, I doubt that Joey would have survived that whole mess. And like I said, he did go on to prove himself. But that all came later.

I stand by my position: If the unmade son of a wiseguy hit the son of an imprisoned boss in New York back then (1989), he wouldn't have lived to see the new decade.

I agree with your position if it happened in New York he'd be dead. But I honestly don't beleive his father played any part in keeping him alive. Chuckie didn't have any influence by then. I really think Joey just got lucky I mean they did try to hit him like a dozen times and he's still here.

I also don't beleive Tony Piccolo was gonna give George Fresolone a contract for Joey like he claimed in his book. That's guys book was so inaccurate it's almost hard to beleive he even was made that is if he didn't wear a wire when it happened. In his book he even says that Chuckie was whacked and that's why Joey shot Nicky's son.

Last edited by SonnyL; 11/02/14 02:10 AM.