Originally Posted By: jipjones
And to defend myself cuz I feel the finger pointing in my direction I'm not glorifying anything joey did

I don't think that at all, Buddy. I think you're fairly level headed when it comes to this stuff.

But as far as this goes:

Originally Posted By: jipjones
Nicky Jr was in the Luchesse family and never retaliated against joey sounds like joey had him scared shitless had the scarfos on the run that's my opinion.. joey has more balls then some NY guys that's for sure.

That stuff all preceded Scarfo Jr. getting made by the Luccheses, and none of it happened in New York. Because balls or no balls, if Merlino pulled that shit back in the late '80s or early '90s, when New York still resembled Canada and Sicily (as far as violence went), and if he pulled it here, you'd be posting about the 25th anniversary of his execution instead of a failed mob hit.

I also think that Joey went away at the right time (2001-2002, right?). That's right around the time the violence was seriously curbed. And I'm not implying that Scarfo Jr. isn't afraid of Merlino. I don't know him from a hole in the wall. He probably is scared of him. But if he had gotten his button in Jersey under one of the Taccettas, or even the Pernas, and he got popped AFTER he got his button, then Joey Merlino would have had a problem than he couldn't have handled.

And I hope you're taking notice that I'm using the Jersey branch of the Luccheses as the example here. If I brought up the Bronx or Harlem factions of that family I'd probably sound like a "homer." And if you know me at all, you know I really hate that shit.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.