Quote:
Sammy would never have made a move against Gotti. he himself admits this, after Frankie came to him with the proposal.

Like sammy says,' I made a list of all the guys I needed to kill in order to get away with it. I came up with 10, 12 guys. Some of them I really liked, like Gene. The thought of killing his son killed me. '

Sammy would never have generated the support to take over and I'll tell u why. Yes he had a tough crew but he was too GREEDY!!! The soldiers and capos liked Gotti as boss (not because they personally liked him) rather he wasn't greedy. And didn't demand a big cut. But with Sammy as boss, he'd sink his teeth into every money making scheme for himself and the other family members knew this.

All the people that have said Sammy would make a good boss are delusional. He would have made deals with the Chin worse than Paul did if it meant making more money!

Thanks for replying TonyTough,

Sammy Gravano was (and might still be) a very conflicted person. He is the type that will lie and believe his own lies. For him to say he would not have tried to kill Gotti, coming from him, that means nothing. Sammy is very unstable. We know Sammy has some kind of heart because we've seen him tear up on TV, but we know he has no morals because of his history. He is not proud to be a murderer...he might actually be ashamed of it, but I don't think he could stop killing on his own. I regard him as an impulsive killer that kills because he's compelled to. He might be addicted to killing, like people smoke cigarettes and can't stop.

Oh, BTW, I think he whacked his business partners and took their wealth not only because of greed, but also because he was just a compulsive killer. It's naive to think that someone like Sammy would stop killing once he made enough money.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."