I am one of the few that say gotti was a decent boss. I mean, who are we comparing him to; guys from the 1950's who basically walked through the city with the words "mafia boss" on their back because law enforcement lacked any effective technology and back then, law enforcement could be bought much easier. Carlo Gambino, Joe colombo, and all the others wouldnt last 5 years on the street with todays laws and technology. Does anyone think Merlino was a better boss???? Really, no comparison. We could mention Ligambi's tenure but he was basically a bookmaker and loan shark. Gotti controlled industries and controlled a MUCH larger group of men/ family. Whether gotti was flashy or not, the end result would be the same: life in prison. His days on the street would have been the same number give or take a year. The Gambino's may have a lower key boss now because they dont control nearly as much and dont have nearly as many guys,
Years ago michael chernoff said the governments goal was to break the mob down to basically a gambling and loan sharking organization. Almost a street gang type status. I believe they are almost there.
Back to gotti. He was loved by most of his guys, respected, and made everyone money. I guess joe colombo and bill bonanno were low profile....lol

Last edited by Belmont; 10/26/14 01:41 PM.