Originally Posted By: JoeSlim
http://gossipextra.com/2014/10/22/skinny-joey-merlino-restaurant-florida-raided-4135/

Wow they raided his yet to be open restaurant today, they really are going after the guy.

What'd I say, Joe? And I'm not being cocky or arrogant. Believe me, I take no pleasure in being right. But being objective doesn't make me an "FBI Fan Boy." Anyone who has history with these assholes could have seen this coming.

Anyway, here's what I posted just yesterday about that place and about the liquor license:

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
And not for nothing, for the hundredth time, I don't know the guy. But this speaks to this guy's love of the spotlight.

Because even if this place eventually opens, and that's a very big if, how do you explain naming a joint after yourself when, as a convicted felon, you can't even legally procure a liquor license?

Do you know how hard it is to make it in a restaurant that doesn't serve booze? But I'm sure Joey has a lackey to front the place on paper for just that purpose. But when you name the place after yourself, that kinda defeats the purpose of said front.

The Feds are going to have the State Liquor Authority go through that paperwork like they were going through Capone's taxes.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.