Originally Posted By: Ted
Originally Posted By: K1NG6
I can possibly understand the last transfer into his wife's name; if he goes down for life and they wish to seize his assets, would the house be considered untouchable to the government because it is solely in his wife's name?

It definitely does not make the house untouchable, maybe harder to seize. In a marriage everything is considered shared regardless. However, he is being put on trial for murder, so there are no assets related to his case to seize.

Gotcha. I wasn't even thinking I guess, obviously no assets would be seized after a murder conviction.

The last transfer was just done this past June, and Nicodemo has been in prison since December 2012. Now that I think about it, that one really just doesn't make sense to me. There has to be some sort of important reason why his wife would want the house transferred solely into her name while her husband is in jail awaiting murder charges that could put him in prison for the rest of his life. Just seems like that would be the last thing on my mind if my significant other was in prison and could be put away forever.

Last edited by K1NG6; 10/19/14 10:37 PM.