Originally Posted By: FrankMazola
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: cheech
i get what they are doing. you have to try something. if youre going to hell why lay down on the way?

Of course. You have to exhaust your appeals. I'd do the exact same thing. But it won't make a difference.

Exactly.
I keep trying to tell people on here: 90% of people criminally charged in Federal Court end up with a plea deal or a guilty verdict. The US A's office doesn't waste time putting a case on someone unless they are confident they won't look like assholes at trial. That petty shit is for States' Attorneys Offices. Ligambi et. al. was a RARITY. And they still got a pound of flesh out of Massimino and Staino.

Well, if you noticed, a lot of people got all giddy when the Feds lost a few in a row. Jurors are tired of rats and blah blah blah. And that may very well be true. But the Feds have been batting over .900 at trial for two hundred years.

And that stat is not going to change in the long run. The Feds stack the deck in their favor, the law of averages will always favor them, and they'll always beat you nine out of ten times at trial.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.