Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
Did Amuso really get his ass kicked in prison? Persico and Stanfa too?

I thought these older mob types would be kind of placid in prison and not get into mischief. And I would have thought that it wouldn't even be possible to get in fights because of the maximum security prisons they are sent to.

There was a recent prison picture of Amuso with Scarfo and his jaw looked really strange. Now that I hear this asskicking story, I'm thinking he may have got it severely broken.

It sort of makes sense that a lot of these mafioso could be vulnerable to the more crazy, psychotic-types of prisoners. After all, most of the mobsters locked up in the federal pens tend to be older guys, and they generally do not have many associates or crime buddies around them. And most mobsters (both young and old) don't seem to keep themselves in fighting shape. For all intents and purposes, they are alone inside. Sure, many of them have a lot of street credibility and notoriety in the underworld, but unfortunately for them, many of today's hardcore criminals don't respect that. Many of the new breed are impulsive, predatorily, and violent -- and the only thing a lot of them respect is violence.

I think LCN members had a much easier life in the federal pens in the 1950s - 1970s -- but not so much today. The prison demographics have changed too much.