Originally Posted By: NNY78
They have an axe to grind with Joey because killing was involved and he walked, the feds are not ready to let go of that bone just yet. smile

And that's exactly why I think there's more to this. They are not wasting all of this time, money and manpower to put this guy inside for two or three years. I am intimately familiar with how the Feds operate when they want someone that badly. They're letting him know that he's still in their sights, and I honestly believe that there's something up their sleeve besides a bullshit parole violation.

If they can get him locked up BEFORE the Nicodemo trial, THEN flip Nicodemo, they can indict Joey while he's in prison for a parole violation. And there's not a Federal judge alive who would grant bail to someone already inside on a violation.

Anyone who thinks this is just about violating this guy never lost a loved one to the Federal system. They do this stuff all the time. But with Merlino it gets a lot more attention because the vultures in the press love a celebrity gangster rolleyes.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.