Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: Jimmythepen
grin

Trust me, if you heard me talk you would probably need a translator!

I believe you lol lol.

I live in Delray Beach, Florida for about four months a year. There's an English pub just around the corner from us called the Blue Anchor. They actually shipped most of the bar here in one piece. I've talked about it here with Yogi a few times.

Anyway, I go in there quite a bit. And believe it or not, they have a lot of help that was born in England. I'm friendly with a lot of them, and most of them will hang around for a few pints when their shift ends. I understand them fine after one or two. But I'm here to tell you that after the fifth pint I can't understand a word they say lol lol.

Funny that you mention a pub called the Blue Anchor, I live not too far from a pub of the same name. I was in New York on Superbowl weekend and I swear to god it like I was filming a movie scene trying to order a beer or food. The bartender or host/hostess would just look at me and smile as if to say, "Ok, can you repeat that in English?" It was like take 10 by the time I got my beer lol

Only one guy managed to understand me first time, and that was because he had some family who lived here in Liverpool so he knew the accent anyway!

Last edited by Jimmythepen; 10/10/14 01:47 PM.