Originally Posted By: GaryMartin
Huron,

Just sharing info. I only know what I've read beginning with the Family Secrets Trial. Names that come to mind relative to Ferriola are, Tony Borsolino, Butch Petrocelli, Chuckie English. I believe he was reputed to have ordered the deaths of these guys. Was the uncle of Harry Aleman, and I think Petrocelli was killed for keeping some money earmarked for Aleman.

Ferriola did seem very brutal; quick on the trigger. I have no idea about his standing with Outfit members.

Where was Infelise during this time? What was his position? He was another tough character. Was this the last of the Taylor St crew?

Ferriola was began as an enforcer for Fifi and Frank Buccieri in the first ward. He then gravitated to the Cicero crew and began working for Turk Torello. He used to own dry cleaners everywhere and he was called "Mr. Clean" in Cicero.

He got the nickname "Joe Nick" because his father's name was Nick and it was a custom in the Patch to call kids with common Catholic names like Joseph or Peter by their first names and their father's first names to distinguish them.