Originally Posted By: ChiTown
Marco keeps an extremely low profile - he always did - and was friendly with all crews and served various advisory roles for people for decades - all similar to Tony Accardo. Marco also adapted effectively - and when the changing of the guard finally came under Ferriola, Marco ran things quietly in Elmwood Park. He dodged a lot of arrests on things he had connections to - like Joe DiFronzo's marijuana growing fiasco.

I think he is the opposite of a guy like Giancana and probably has the business mind of Accardo - his restaurants were successful as were the various nightlife places he owned.

Thank you. I have one more question and I'll stop. I've tried to find information about the reputed Grand Ave. and Taylor St. rivalry, but I can't find anything that suggest a rivalry, related to Outfit business, existed. It may have, but I can't find any supporting data. What I've found Is quite the opposite. Both Accardo and Giancana worked with members of different crews and any problems that occurred didn't seem to be related to a specific crew, just the normal kinds of things that happen in a crime organization.

I would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks again for taking time to respond.