I've posted about my brother TJ a handful of times on this board. For those of you who don't know, my brother TJ was born with spinal muscular atrophy, and has been confined to a wheelchair since about the age of two. He has had many health problems throughout his life due to his illness. Due to a lack of muscle mass and being confined to a wheelchair, he's had a lot of trouble with his lungs, often catching pneumonia and bronchitis. He lacked the ability to cough and so was unable to clear his lungs of mucus.

Over the years, his health has deteriorated, but you would have never known by his attitude and demeanor. He's always been a fighter and had a wicked sense of humor.

TJ sent a text to my other brother, Cliff, earlier today saying that he wasn't feeling good, so he was gonna go to the ER. His mom took him, the doctor diagnosed him with bronchitis, gave him some medicine, and sent him home.

About an hour later, TJ told his mom that something wasn't right, he felt like his insides were on fire, and he was having trouble breathing. His mom checked him for a fever, and he was cold to the touch. She rushed him back to the hospital.

His lungs were filling with fluid, and his blood pressure was extremely low. The doctors sedated him to try and relieve some of the fluid build up, but he never woke up.

My brother died today at the age of 30. I am utterly, totally, completely devastated. I talked to him just a few days ago and he seemed fine. And now he is gone. And I have no idea what to do.

I am broken. cry

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis