Originally Posted By: carmela
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
Not everyone can live the high life like you, Carmela. wink

It's not the high life to be able to give extra $20 so the drink server keeps coming around to you all night, etc. That's all it takes and they'll treat you right. But wondering and calculating if you should give a dollar here or dollar there, better off stay home.

Yes, you should tip the drink server separately. When you go to a wedding, YES, you SHOULD give your table server a tip for the table. This should be common etiquette.

I'm talking about just going in to bars and getting a Bud on tap. I'm just a poor college student.

And when going for meals, I only tip if the service is exemplary. Too many people in that industry don't even have basic manners so why reward them when there are plenty of polite people who would love to have their job.

I know a girl who got over a $1,000 worth of tips on St Patrick's Day. It's like winning the lottery with some of these people. Watching the cash roll in but they are not doing anything special to warrant it.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.