"why no one else was convicted or even tried for it"

Because a trial would have revealed evidence of involvement by the covert operations branch of unnamed agencies of the US Government.

"Don't even try to say one of them was Joe Stair. He had a solid alibi."

Don't tell me. Tell the witnesses:

Leiha Murphy(3828 )
In the cafeteria, notices commotion outside north-west door. "I saw a guy I recognized as (Redacted). He was running... Stair had his blond hair down. It's past his shoulders. He's about 6', tall, skinny, he was wearing a long black trench coat.... I saw nothing in his hands. He was observed a short distance from whatever was going on at the door. My thought was that (Redacted) was involved if there was a fight."
Stair named in the cafeteria map(see page 3830). Leiha also immediately picked him out of a photo lineup.

Christine Mikesell(5748 )
"Mrs. Mikesell said that after the shooting several students reported to her that they had seen Joe Stair in the building. She said that someone said that they had seen Stair in the science area or by the library."

Courtney Herivel(1927)
While in the green room in the science hall, heard "Joe, I have 3 of them in here."

Dorian Salazar(EP21-224)
"He did hear one suspect call the other one "Joe" ", while Dorian was hiding in a science classroom.

Pat McDuffee(10786)
Says Stair was at school with a gun by the library outside by the stairs. Helped plan the attack.