Hello smile

I registered here pretty quick after finding this place - the knowledge you people have is admirable. I see that you not only take this topic seriously but the research needed as well.
And thank you for having this site where we can discuss This Thing of Ours(Theirs).

I posted in (and started) a couple threads but since I am going to be asking many questions I thought I would make this thread for my questions instead of possibly disrupting your alrady ongoing conversations. (I also did not see an 'Introduce Yourself" thread so I felt this thread even more fitting/needed)

About me: I am 32. Born at Phelps Hospital. Grew up in Croton, Montrose, and finally Powder Horn <3 (Furnace Woods school area). Then moved to Rochster at 12.

My uncle-in-law was a drug dealer, among other things, who was good friends with some of the bigger guys. He got out in '68 on a murder charge. In the can he had made a lot of friends. One of them being Daniel 'The Lion' Leo who got my uncle-in-law playing with the big guys. He got the Purple Gang rolling and was their source of Heroin. His source was the Chinese which was why his was so much better than the Turkish and similar grade the Families were supplied with.

He got pinched in '86. It was the biggest drug bust in the US at that time. Of course the DEA agents pocketed all the 100$ bills. (Funny thing, that was only one of 5 stash houses he had; feds never knew, until this post, that he had others)
He was in Block J at Lewisberg and even got his Irish friend to live in Block J with the rest of the Italian crews. (This Irish person passed so I mention him - there is another 'right hand man' to my uncle-in-law who is still alive but I want to find more info on, just cautiously)
The Feds tried to link get him in the Blue Thunder trial but he lucked out big time.

Because he was a 'free agent' he was able to be friends with anyone he wanted without having to worry about politics (as much). But most importantly, he didn't take orders from anyone. Leo was the closest thing he ever had to a boss but he never followed orders from him

I hope to learn from you as well as share the stories he told me.

(I would be willing to discuss more details in PM's)

Last edited by InsideLookingOut; 10/02/14 11:17 PM.