Originally Posted By: Sal_Bronte
Originally Posted By: the_crazy_don
gotti was a loud mouth punk he didnt want any of demeo or his kru fact is gotti was a bottom feeder after scraps all the time he shudda got wacked earlier on before the castellano hit which made him even more of a bellend i lost all respect for the gambinos when he was in power nino gaggi all the way for me lol

I might catch a lot of shit for this but I think Gotti was the luckiest mobster of all time. he wasnt an earner, he wasnt much of a hitter, he was a degenerate gambler but he was well liked by two of the most influential people in his family(Fatico and Neil). a few of the guys around him seemed to do well(Sal Ruggerio, Gene) but Gotti himself never seemed like much of a money maker. I'll give credit where credit is due tho, he managed to get all the right people together and made the power move of all power moves. he also convinced enough of the guys to accept him as boss so it wasnt all luck but Im convinced a lot of it was.

way off topic but if Castellano had never gone to Sparks that faithful night and Gotti could have somehow bided his time until Paul went away during the Commission trial and survived, that would have made for some very interesting power grabs.

but Ive always thought that had Paul survived that Paul would have flipped.

i agree. Lets face it the main reason gotti got made let alone became a captain was because of neil dellacroce. He was a degenerate gambler who pissed away the crews earnings and they had to resort to drug dealing