Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: merlino
that ignorant philly facebooker has not been paying attention to the real estate market in the US and philly...people have been moving out of that area for years and the people who own the rowhomes or apartments there need tenants... thus new immigrants or lower income residents move in and crime probably will rise... put joey back in s philly he better be an up n coming donald trump or a dot com zillionaire because those would be the only way to save that area after 50 years of philly govt over taxation and liberal great society programs that destroyed almost every major inner city in the US... no wiseguy is going to alter that

Well put. It's the same way in virtually every urban center that was ever home to Italian Americans. One group of immigrants assimilates and moves out, a different one moves in. Times change, demographics change.

Now I personally think that the "newer" immigrant groups leave something to be desired as human beings. It's their attitude more than anything else. They hate America and they let you know it the second they get here. The old Italians, Jews, Irish, Poles, Germans, and other European immigrants were cut from a different cloth. They embraced and LOVED this country.

That's why, if these newer immigrants never make it out of poverty, I'll have zero sympathy for them.

there is probably a lot more to dislike about America now than then (no offense and Canada is no better) although it really begs the question why they bothered to move there. I mean, really, if you're trying to benefit from something you fundamentally disagree with, then you're a hypocrite at best and a moron at worst.

I'm just saying America circa 1900-40' was a very different place than it is now and America's role in the world was virtually nonexistent until after the Second World war. gives people much less cause to dislike you when you have nothing to do with them.

Last edited by slumpy; 10/02/14 11:42 AM.