Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
Are you talking about the Russians' power in the USA or about their power in Russia and the world in general? Because in the USA the power is limited I think, but in Russia they pretty much buy everething and everyone they want.
I wonder what would have happened if for example the Solntsevskaya bratva had a disagreement with the Yamaguchi-gumi or the 'ndrangheta on a neutral territory where none of them feels at home and has advantages? Who would have managed to make their roots there?

I was talking about Russian OC here in the U.S. It's a different story in Russia itself and internationally. Though, even in Russia, things aren't like they were 20 years ago.

Originally Posted By: alexandarns
Ivyleague,no disrespect but this what you are talking about is debateble.If you are talking about US than it might be true,but even than it can a small difrence.Anyway it's not my poin.My point is that there is no richer or touger group than the Russian group.It long gone since the time the russian were involved in only loansharking,gambling and stuff like that.Billions are at stake with these guys.Whole eastern europe is under russian control,every one answers to the russians belive me.The west too,france totaly russian controled.Germany is russian controled,they eve beat out albanian and serbian crime groups that were very strong.Uk,benelux and the small countries are und russian gangsters.They actualy control the smaller groups that do drugs and prostitution and such low level crime.The smagle gas,gold everything that makes billions.Its not only gangsters,there are university educated guys who are not into petty crime like drugs and people smagling.

So to say that the LCN that partly controls NY and some other eastern parts of us is stronger than the russian organized crime groups(that for sure control europe,north asia,probably some areas of US,and who knows what else)is a pretty bold statement.

As I said above, I'm talking about Russian OC within the U.S. (which it seemed you were referring to) Not so much in Russia or elsewhere. If we're talking about Russian OC on an international scale, a better comparison would be the Italian OC groups that operate internationally - the Cosa Nostra, 'Ndrangheta, Camorra, and SCU.

However, if we're talking about the OC scene here in the U.S. alone, what I said isn't bold at all. The predictions made 20 years ago about Russian OC have not come true. As one article said, "large-scale, highly structured Russian groups rivaling those of La Cosa Nostra have yet to emerge" and the Russians here "appear to have only tenuous and incidental links to criminal groups" in Russia.

Like I said, Russian and other Eurasian groups have certainly carved their own niche in the underworld. They are among the most sophisticated, especially at various financial scams, and are among the top investigative priority for the feds in certain areas of the country. A came out a while back that Russian OC is now the top priority for the FBI in Miami.

However, as I said, whether in Miami or elsewhere, this is more a case of there being no LCN family remaining or it having been severely weakened by attrition and law enforcement. Not a case of the Russians coming in and pushing aside the Italians - which many claimed would be the case years ago. Aside from Miami, in those areas where there is still a significant LCN presence, especially in New York, I don't see much evidence of the Russians having surpassed the LCN.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.