Quote:
I find it hard to believe that Gotti was afraid of DeMeo. He whacked a boss without commission approval but he was afraid of DeMeo, im not buying that.

Belmont, when we read the book Murder Machine, we were told that the "Demeo Crew" was just a few people. Roy Demeo and a few debilitated young coked out dope heads. But I don't believe that we know the whole story. Supposedly John Gotti said that Demeo had an "army of killers" and that he didn't want to cross paths with them. Then we go through other mob lore and find out that John Carneglia might have been part of Roy Demeo's murder machine. Kuklinski passed by the Demeo crew club house. Was the complete Demeo crew busted or did some get away. I think some got away.

In a match up between the Gotti brothers and Roy Demeo's paltry little crew (as described by Capeci and Mustain's book), there would be no contest. But this is assuming Roy had that paltry little crew and nothing more.

The Gemini Lounge was a police hang out. Think about that. Everything they did, the cop cars were always out front and cops were in the bar. They did the killing in the apartment in the back. Do we know everything about Roy Demeo? I don't think so.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."