Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: blacksheep
I lived in SC for 3 years. Had NY plates the whole time. I didn't get pulled over often, but when I did, it was always an experience worth remembering. Fuck those cops down there

I had an uncle in Charleston. He split New York very young. Married a southern girl and set up house down there. He loved it, which is really bizarre for an Italian guy who lived every day of his life in urban New York up until that point. Anyway, we'd go see him every Summer. And all I can remember is, we had to stop to pick up enough booze to last the adults a week or so.

This was the late '60s, early '70s. Most of SC was still "dry" back then. So if you REALLY wanted to get those troopers pissed off, all you had to do was get pulled over with New York plates AND some hooch in the car.

By the time I got to SC, it was already full of people from NY/NJ. In the myrtle beach area we kinda took over, so NY plates don't attract as much attention as other parts of the south. But when they pull u over they're still assholes. Once a cop pulled me over after a party and I started acting like a real airhead type. He ended up just going on about dumb kids from up north and dismissing me as an idiot. He didn't even check my license. Good thing tho, since I didn't even have one at the time. Not to mention what I had in my trunk.. I grinned all the way home that night. Outsmarted by the 'dumb northern kid'

Make that coffee to go