Quote:
faithful 1 ive read the "the last testament" there are some things in the book that I think ring true. the killing of abe reles for one. the story Luciano gives in the book is he approached Costello about the situation and, Costello said " the cops will have to do it" Luciano agreed, he then said Costello gave capt bals 50,000 dollars and the cops threw him out the window. I believe that to be credible, also luciano relates to the author that he beat up vito Genovese in cuba in 1947. the new book "Cuban nocturne" mentions that Luciano had a fight with vito in cuba about that time.

The Last Testament was entertaining if nothing else, wasn't it.

I don't know how true it is. What does ring true about it for me is only the dialect and language Luciano seems to use throughout it. Other quotes attributed to Luciano seem to use the same language. You can tell from his quotes that if nothing else, he was a fast thinker, to the point, and no nonsense. $$$

I said earlier in the thread that Luciano was rumored to have inspired the creation of the Cupola in Italy. Another anecdote I've read said that it was actually Joe Bonanno that came up with the idea of an Italian Commission. By the way it was phrased, it made it seem as if it was merely a suggestion made at a meeting/think tank, not a "my way or the highway" sort of pronouncement the way Lucky Luciano did back in the 30's.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."