Originally Posted By: IlLupo77
I honestly don't think Orena ordered anyone hit. As far as DWtD is concerned Scarpa was fomenting the war by hitting whoever he could, making look like Orena was had battle plans. I do believe on Scarpa's death bed he admitted that Orena killed no one and that a lame brain Federal Judge dismissed Scarpa's word as another ploy… Orena's kids claim that they NEVER even kept fire arms in the house until all that shit went down, and even then, the guns they did have were all 12 g. that they had for hunting.

DWtD even puts forth that Scarpa even was behind the "hit" that Little Linda got in the middle of. How many times in history does a van full of hitters miss hitting anyone entirely??

But some people on Persico's side were hit too. Who ordered it then, did the Orena capos act on their own?

By the way, here is one thing I never understood even though I asked many people and even emailed some researchers:

About the Ocera killing, allegedly ordered by Orena and carried out by Leale and Amato with some others' help: on one hand, Scarpa's son says his father admitted to having killed Ocera, on the other hand, there is a tape where Bonfiglio complains about not being rewarded by Amato for hiding the body, therefore supporting the Orena/Amato involvement version. On the other hand again, I don't know whether this tape was heard on trial or maybe Bonfiglio knew he was taped and said bullshit on purpose? There are also said to be contradictions between Maffattore and Bonfiglio's testimonies. What do you think?

I don't know, but to me it sounds unlikely a boss could be completely clean of any murders during his whole career. Even Jerry Angiulo ordered some hits.

Last edited by Dwalin2011; 09/20/14 03:24 PM.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."