Originally Posted By: ht2
Originally Posted By: Alfanosgirl
Boiardo was NOT with them until after Moretti was clipped. Remember Boiardo and Longy had a beef both wanted to control the bootleg business in Jersey.
I seriously doubt Adonis was chauffered by a black man especially in that neighborhood which was made up of mostly Italians and Jews (some Greeks). My Italian Aunt couldn't even marry my Uncle who was Jewish they had to elope so a black man in that neighborhood , I say No Chance

Not to go off track, but the feud between Longy and Boiardo was settled years earlier while Moretti was still alive. The info on a black chauffeur came from long time resident of the area. I doubt any racist neighbors would dare say anything to Adonis at that time. The neighborhood had a large percentage of Jews and Italians. Bender's wife was Jewish, as was Costello's. I could go into more detail but don't want to derail topic.

Very interesting about this chauffeur you mention seems so bizarre. I still cannot believe it. You are exactly right about no one would ever DARE say anything to Adonis. If you set up a new thread about it I would love to see what you got to say, as the Luciano crew is my favorite to talk about.