Quote:
Many known bosses had murdered when they were younger. Example: the Chin, John Gotti, etc.. but the only ones who killed WHILE they were boss were the psychos.

We might not have any anecdotes about Gotti doing hits while Boss, but he might have kept everyone around him guessing, with quotations like these...

""You tell this punk, I, me, John Gotti, will sever his mother-fuckin' head off.""

Now compare him to Paul Castellano. There is no comparison. Gotti called Big Paul a yellow dog or something similar. I read an anecdote about Big Paul telling a room full of his top capos and killers that the cops are the real heroes, not the mafia. Roy Demeo was in the room. So was Nino Gaggi. Demeo's reported reaction was disgust that Paul would praise the police while having guys like him do the dirty work. This suggests that Paul did not kill while Boss. Big assumption, but a logical one. If that assumption was true, it didn't help Big Paul keep control of his family. Neil Dellacroce was stonewalling him without consequence. He should have been able to call Neil in.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."