Originally Posted By: njcapo35
About the book To Drop a Dime, they say it's so expensive because The Camp's bought up every copy they could find and destroyed them...Don't know how true that is but that's the reason i heard...

Fascinating. I don't know why gangsters like the Campisis would try buy all copies of the book, their crimes became public in open court when they pled out. And I guess they were all in Trenton or Rahway, whatever jail they were in when the book first came out. I always thought it could have been Newark or Essex County politicians or police departments who quashed the book because the couldn't or didn't seem to lift a finger against the mob for generations. They SHOULD be embarrassed! And how court cases against the mob seemed to be delayed for years, etc. Another book that anyone who is interested in reading about Newark gangsters back them should check out is Marked to Die, by Michael Brown. It's about a guy, Jerry Festa, who testified against mob guys from Newark and went into Witness Protection with his family.

Last edited by Fleming_Ave; 09/07/14 03:08 PM.